Does my roof inspector do the job right?

Old 05-18-14, 03:25 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Does my roof inspector do the job right?

My sister has bought a house and ordered a roof inspection. The roof inspector had come and left very quick, then sent us a roof inspection report via email. His report does not mention anything about the opening at the chimney flashing, which stated in the property inspection report, with photos attached as proof, that the seller provided. We contacted the roof inspector and expressed that we are disappointed on the fact that he has not mentioned about "the opening at the chimney flashing" and we want him to re-inspect the roof. He insists that "the opening at the chimney flashing" is a minor issue and he does not think it needs to be fixed and refuses to re-inspect the roof. I think that openings at chimney flashing allows rain and moisture intrusion that would damage the ceiling and is a serious problem.

Do you think the roof inspector does the job right?

Old 05-18-14, 03:38 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Got a picture, no one here can see what "the opening at the chimney flashing" means.

Old 05-18-14, 04:03 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Just curious, but the house has already been purchased and the roof is now being questioned?

Old 05-18-14, 05:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
pics would be helpful - http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html
Did the inspector get up on the roof? or just look at it from the ground?

btw - welcome to the forums!

Old 05-18-14, 06:56 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Did you have a roof inspection or a roof certification? The latter is often required by a lender to protect the interests of the lender. Plenty of "less-than-honorable" roofers will give a written certification while also delivering an oral, "Don't come back to me if you have a leak, this is ONLY so you can get your loan." statement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: