Deck Tiles on Bitumen Roof

Old 05-21-14, 08:02 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Deck Tiles on Bitumen Roof

Hello all,

I just signed a lease on a new apartment in Queens, NY. Owner said we can go on the roof "at our own risk" (since there is no fence around the roof). Only requirement he stated that we put plywood underneath anything we put there, such as a bbq. The concern is in the warmer months that the legs of the bbq (or even if a girl is wearing heels) will slightly sink into the roof.

I have been thinking lately that interlocking deck tiles will be the most convenient thing for the space. Relatively inexpensive and easy to DIY. After using google images, I am relatively certain that the roof is modified bitumen. I can provide pictures later today or tomorrow.

Do you think it is unwise to directly place the deck tiles on top of the roof? I am sure it isn't the wisest thing for the roof, but considering the owner's "blessing", it really is tempting to go ahead with it and enjoy relaxing outside.

Any other suggestions for my situation that are on the inexpensive side are greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-14, 07:14 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Before you do anything, make sure that your lease matches what the landlord said you could do. That's an old trick, to get improvements done for nothing. Then they evict you for not following the lease.