Regrading around house questions

Old 06-28-14, 05:07 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Regrading around house questions

(Hope this is posted in the right place)
Hey guys and gals,
I need some advice on changing my grade around my house. When it rains hard water is getting into my garage and the harsh winters in Manitoba has me really worried about frost heaving. The grade is really bad and I want to change it but i have a few questions. First the affected area has quite large cement blocks for a side walk. they appear to be poured and not slabs i think. the sidewalk is starting to crack. also one is poured around gas lines that are going into the ground so i dont really want to screw with trying to jack hammer it out. so my question is could i just go over the cement with top soil and then put new cement blocks over the soil? if i can what steps should i do? should i have some kind of plastic sheets covering the cement to help aid the water away before applying the soil? i really have no idea and any suggestions will help a lot. i am considering just calling in a landscaper to do the job but my wife is just about to go one mat leave and we dont really have the money for it.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-14, 05:25 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are you sure that they are cement blocks? It sounds like you are using the wrong term. How high do you plan to raise the height? In any event, I wouldn't use plastic & top soil.