Kick Out Diverter Missing (I think)

Old 09-09-14, 07:22 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kick Out Diverter Missing (I think)

Wondering if I can get some confirmation on what I'm thinking.

As you can see from the attached pictures i'm getting some discolouring / soft sports on the floor by my back door (first picture). I thought this was because there was no flashing where the steps meet the stucco (which possible is still the case).

However, above that directly is where a roof terminates. We just had the eve's replaced but the previous ones were horrible (we just bought the house).

I'm thinking I need to install a kick out diverter to channel the water to the right into the eves instead of running over the edge.

From what I've read it seems this exactly the type of damage caused by nothing having a kick out.

If so, is there a way best to install it? The second story does flare out over the roof a bit so the water won't run right into the corner. Can I put the kick out under the shingles and then seal it against the stucco?

Thanks for any help / suggestions / comments.

P.S. The stucco is cement not on foam board. House is approx. 120 years old.

Name:  IMG_7413.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  36.7 KBName:  IMG_7415.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  23.7 KBName:  IMG_7416.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  33.1 KBName:  IMG_7417.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  31.6 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-14, 08:27 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not seeing any reason for a kick out.
Gutter is installed to close to the wall.
Not seeing how that roof was flashed to the wall, just looks like a pile of mulch laying there.
There should have been visible flashing up that wall and bent at the top and a cut in the stucco for it to slide into.
Those deck boards are to close to the wall and are trapping water, bet the ledger also was not spaced out from the wall to allow for drainage.