instaling rubber roof to a flat roof

Old 03-19-01, 06:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

I have a flat roof and it time to replace it. I would like to install a rubber roof

Old 03-24-01, 12:14 AM
Visiting Guest
Im not sure if you have i rubber roofinfg brand in mind ? but im a big fan of torch applied rubber " tourch down " if you can get duo-flex poly glass in your area thats greatstuff if not firestone is good. they both come in smooth surface " black" which you should coat with alum.coating 4 ultra violet protection, or a membrane that has granules like shingles have

Old 03-29-01, 03:07 AM
pgrfr
Visiting Guest
If this is something you are going to do yourself I would do as Lakerfam says and go with some sort of modified bitumen rolls. Besides torch-down there are products that can be applied with adhesive. If you are not familiar with rubber or "EPDM" roofs it is a little more involved than you may think. For seams and terminations you will need special cleaners, primers, and adhesives. Also you need to provide a proper surface to adhere the rubber to, such as a dense fiberboard insulation. None of these products are found at most building supply outlets. They are not cheap and are usually sold in large quantity sizes. For example the adhesive to glue the rubber to the substrate will run about $85-110 per five gallon pail which covers about 200-300 sq. feet or 2-3 squares.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: