Ultra Siliconizer elastomeric roof sealer good or bad?

Old 03-04-15, 11:27 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ultra Siliconizer elastomeric roof sealer good or bad?

I have a flat roof in FL that has a small leak. I've been told to use Lanco Ultra Siliconizer elastomeric roof sealant on it and can just paint my entire flat roof with it.... yet I'm also told by others to not use it as it will damage the roof underneath faster, it will retain moisture and is meant for mobile homes.
The product says it's ok for all kinds of roofing and I've seen a lot of people use it before. There's also videos of roofers using elastomeric sealers on flat roofs.
My roof isnt in that bad of shape, but sealing all of it would stop the leak and keep the roof cooler.

So is it good or bad? What's the real truth on the stuff?

Old 03-05-15, 06:59 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
It appears that you need to conduct more research on the product, as you haven't had any responses from people who've used it. I'd start by checking out the manufacturer's website for reviews by users. If it's an effective roof repair product, a lot of it should be in use in wet climates like yours.

Old 03-06-15, 03:19 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 403 Votes on 359 Posts
I used to work for an outfit in Orlando that had a waterproofing division, part of which included flat roofs. They used a system that consisted of a membrane and elastomeric coating. Basically there was a special primer applied to the plywood then the elastomeric was rolled on with the membrane embedded into the wet elastomeric followed by another coat of elastomeric roof coating. I was skeptical at first but we added a warehouse with a flat roof on the side of the office using that system on the roof. I worked there another 6-7 yrs and that roof never leaked.

I don't know if they ever used that coating on existing tar roofs.

Old 03-06-15, 06:09 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm deciding to just replace the entire flat roof. It's old and I'm getting a good deal on replacement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: