what kind of deflector and who to install?


Old 05-24-15, 12:08 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 189
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question what kind of deflector and who to install?

A house I am selling has water overflow the gutter. It comes down the valley and hits the end of the gutter where it has an end cover and overflows it instead of moving across the gutter. Any suggestions on a type and placement of deflector? What kind of contractor can do this most cheaply?
Old 05-24-15, 03:09 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,862
Received 85 Votes on 80 Posts
Got a picture?
Lowes and Home Depot should have one.
Why not install it yourself?
Old 05-24-15, 04:13 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 24,701
Received 785 Votes on 722 Posts
All it takes is a piece of sheet metal. They are sold ready made but they are so easy to make that I make my own as needed. Usually vinyl covered aluminum screwed or riveted to the lip of the gutter. If you want to buy one search online for "gutter deflector".

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: