foundation crack

Old 06-29-15, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
foundation crack

Hi guys, so I have a crack foundation I want to use the flexible polyurethane grout injection kit and fix it from the inside.

My question is would it be OK to use it while is raining or should I wait for the rain to stop, it will rain for the next couple of days and if it rains hard it leaks.

I am thinking that if water is coming thru while I am applying the polyurethane it will not work properly what do u think.

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-15, 03:41 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Waterproofing from the inside will fail sooner or later. Seal it from the outside with the proper membrane & you'll live happily ever after. It requires some digging but it's worth it.

Old 06-29-15, 07:43 PM
Yeah i might have to, i did it once but I didn't want to dig this time, I have a back problem.

If it fails I will have to dig and do it from outside, they say this stuff is really good and will last.

But what about my question, I put the plastic ports today, I will put the mortar tomorrow and then injected with the polyurethane grout, hope it doesn't rain tonight or tomorrow

Old 06-30-15, 05:29 AM
Temporarily Suspended
If you want to take a chance, go head. It might work. You won't damage anything.

Old 07-02-15, 05:26 PM
Have you considered hydraulic cement? A little moisture should not effect installation, but it is honestly best to repair from the exterior

Old 07-04-15, 12:13 PM
seeing as you've got to flush out the crack in advance of injection, why wait ? we do that work professionally &, despite what others may think/post, its an accepted waterproofing method - even spec'd by state/fed dot's,,, i like hydrophyllic rather than hydrophobic for cracks leaking water,,, if it helps, i charge $600 for 8' vertical cracks - each just to show up w/material & seal 1 crack's min charge $ 800 why do i charge that ? the largest advertising wtrproofing co in town charges $ 1,200

ps - hydraulic's not a suitable material for this purpose nor is it as permanent as the method you've selected