Yard Drainage: The Cleanup - Last Step Question

Old 08-03-15, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yard Drainage: The Cleanup - Last Step Question

Hello,

Our home has an enclosed pool area. That area had a lanai installed over it. On the Edge parallel to the house was installed 6 inch gutters, and on the sides of the enclosure were installed 6 inch downspouts.

We have loads of rain and the gutters were pouring water and it was piling up in the yard, as well as just... areas against the house (just before the pool enclosure).

We installed underground / gutter drains, as well as a landscaping drain near the side of the house where the pool equipment was. Now... respectively the water drains mostly really nicely away.

The rain that accumulates in the actually yard, is currently being focused either toward the drain basin, or outside the dog area into the back yard.

Again it's going pretty well...

Question:
What I am concerned about is that the area is still just mud... and while the water on the topsoil is draining really well, I don't know what to do with the soil that was put back overtop of the drain.

Should I put rock over it, should I replant grass or put sod down?. I am afraid that if I don't do anything it will just cause it to flush away all the dirt that was put back overtop of the drainage system.

I love that its working.. I just don't want it to somehow stop working properly due to erosion or something.

Thanks!!!Name:  Drainage.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  18.8 KB

I attached a picture. I hope its visible

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-15, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I went outside, tampered the crap out of it. luckily it hasn't rained much in two days, stuff is sorta-ish drying out. I made sure the grades are good. I added rock around the drains. I also added a little brick (landscape) around the pool area drain to help insure no overflow into the back yard and down the drain directly

I then added fast growing grass seed on top...

I will watch it carefully :-) and update if it all worked out

Cheers