Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Exterior Improvement Center > Roofing, Gutters and All Waterproofing Anywhere
Reload this Page >

Is there a bonding concern when using Quikrete self-leveling product over Xypex?

Is there a bonding concern when using Quikrete self-leveling product over Xypex?

Old 10-08-15, 10:43 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I need to reinstall a six-stair unit and self-hung door unit which lead into my basement. The area in question allowed water seepage and the stairs and door were removed to allow for treatment of the concrete floor and cold joint with Xypex Patch 'n Plug and Concentrate. Now the person who did this work (and is located 300 miles away) is sick and unable to complete it. The carpenters who have looked at it all were apprehensive about the irregular floor surface created by the Xypex application.

The floor area is essentially a rectangular floor (with walls on 3 sides) about 64" deep x 36" wide x a maximum of .75" high (variable due to the irregular floor surface).

I wonder if one of Quikrete's self-leveling products would be good to use. Quikrete said they haven't tested any of their products over Xypex so they don't know if there might be a bond problem. They said to contact Xypex who said to contact Quikrete. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-15, 03:34 PM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
that's xypex' hydraulic product,,, you shouldn't have any trouble BUT roughen the existing surface 1st & make certain its CLEAN ! ! ! personally i'd pick cement-all products before your choice