replacing/repair aluminum soffit panels?

Old 02-07-16, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
replacing/repair aluminum soffit panels?

How do I go about finding replacement soffit panels... I have just a few 12x24 aluminum panels I would like to replace (bent/holes) can I easily find a compatible panel or do am I looking at a larger replacement?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-16, 06:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 303 Votes on 276 Posts
Don't know. We would need a picture in order to know what it looks like.

Old 02-07-16, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't have a way to take a photo but generally.... are panels not something you would go down to the hardware store and expect to find something that would fit or blend in.....

Put it this way, if you were in a pinch and needed to go to the hardware store for a repair... what would you do? (for say a bent piece or one that had a hole cut out of it).....

Or if you had to remove a panel or if a panel fell off exposing the OLD wood under it... what length would I have to go to to protect or cover that spot until I could come up with something?

Old 02-07-16, 07:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 303 Votes on 276 Posts
There are multiple brands, styles and colors. Cant say if yours will be easy to find or hard to match without a pic. If you can find it, the panels themselves aren't generally too hard to replace but it often requires you also remove the fascia which covers the front edge of the soffit panel.

Old 02-08-16, 03:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 170 Votes on 151 Posts
You won't find the soffit panels precut, they come in longer sections and cut on site to fit. I'd suggest going to a vinyl and aluminum siding supply house and see what they have. If they don't have the right brand they'd know who might have them [assuming it's not discontinued]

Old 02-08-16, 06:43 AM
Received 42 Votes on 37 Posts
It also come solid, middle or full vent, round holes or slots.
Most comes 12'6" long so you may want to bring a framing square, pencil, and snips so you can fit it in your vehicle.
I've never seen a hardware store carry it, and aluminum is used far less then vinyl so most box stores do not carry it, so as mentioned a real siding supply is the place to go.
If there's a metal wrap on the fashia stopping you from removing it I use a nail set to drive the nail in to remove it.
If you pry on it your just going to bend it.
Pick up some more color matched trim nails while there.

Old 02-08-16, 07:10 AM
Received 7 Votes on 7 Posts
Soffit Material

I have just a few 12x24 aluminum panels
Your description sounds like triple-4 soffit material cut to 24 in. length. Is it perforated or solid?