Clogged storm drain pipe

Old 03-20-16, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Clogged storm drain pipe

I bought my house 6 years ago in the Pacific NW, and have been doing major waterproofing/water rerouting due to this winter's record rainfall. I want to tie a sump pump outlet pipe into an existing storm drain pipe that leads to the street (i think), but after year and years of neglect by me and the previous owner, the drain pipe is COMPLETELY clogged. Is there a way to successfully unclog this heavily packed drain pipe? And I guess more importantly, is tying into the storm drain even the wisest outlet to the street to begin with?

-need a vacation

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-16, 01:49 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
When you say it runs to the street, do you mean there is a visible outlet that just lets the water run out onto the street? Or do you mean it runs to a city storm sewer underground?

If the latter, you will have to find out if tying in a sump pump is allowed, although it usually is ok to tie to a storm sewer, never to a sanitary sewer.

You can try renting a power sewer snake for large drains. They come with various heads for cutting through debris. Best bet might be to call a drain jetting company.