several shingles off my roof

Old 04-14-01, 06:28 AM
Visiting Guest
We've had some recent windstorms that have made some of our shingles (the asphalt kind) fly off the roof-- I'd say about 10-12. We are first-time homeowners and have never had to replace shingles before. What is the best way to go about doing this? What supplies and how many do we need, and where can we buy such supplies? Do places like Lowe's or Home Depot supply such things? Any step by step advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you very much.

Old 11-23-01, 05:24 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Talking Joke

w

Old 11-29-01, 08:11 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
hello
this is no joke and who should be selling on here anyway...

Old 11-29-01, 08:51 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Question

I don't think in the two years that I have been at doityourself.com that I can ever remember being in the roofing forum...wonder where that post came from?? Forums still having some software problems??...hope not!!

jeff.

Old 11-29-01, 09:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

jeff,
There are still some glitches in here. I have run into a couple of things, also, since it was all supposedly corrected.

some help,
I know that you have helped a lot of people with about 700 posts, so I'm certain that D-I-Y.com will not object to your using your general contractor business name or logo as part of your signature if you choose to.
You're more than earning it by providing a great deal of your time and 40 years pro experience in here, and I enjoy reading your posts to learn things, like many others in here.
(jeff is the Number One volunteer on this entire shebang with over 5,400 posts, for instance, and I KNOW that D-I-Y.com doesn't object to his signature posts..."advertising" or not)
I've got a few thou posts in here myself over the past two years, and I have my business info and logo in my signature. If I ever sold any real estate because of my signature in here though, I'd drop dead of shock before the closing, so I'm not worried about it one way or the other. LOL. I just do this as another hobby, since I'm not a pro at any of it. I figure that I've confused half the people, and totally mislead the rest...but what-the-hey...I'm having fun!
Keep up the good work!
Mike

Old 11-30-01, 10:56 AM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
And Thanks for the help ....I do not want to upset the apple cart just did not understand having never seen any thing here like this........ .. ........But on to bigger and better things ...and Hey OLd Guy ...Thanks for the good words and Thanks to Jeff for all he is doing to help so many........ for all of us who do like what we are doing and at this stage of life this is the only way I can get anyone to listen to me.. hey Old Guy you are right on with all your good help and thanks for the good works.....I am not doing any contracting now...just don't have the gitup and go ......some heath problems........but this keeps me awake and in the going ons of construction...nice to see how things are done in other parts of the country/world you know what I mean...Thanks to all and have a Great Holiday Season......Good Luck and Have Fun.....

Old 11-30-01, 11:02 AM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
And Thanks for the help ....I do not want to upset the apple cart just did not understand having never seen any thing here like this........ .. ........But on to bigger and better things ...and Hey OLd Guy ...Thanks for the good words and Thanks to Jeff for all he is doing to help so many........ for all of us who do like what we are doing and at this stage of life this is the only way I can get anyone to listen to me.. hey Old Guy you are right on with all your good help and thanks for the good works.....I am not doing any contracting now...just don't have the gitup and go ......some heath problems........but this keeps me awake and in the going ons of construction...nice to see how things are done in other parts of the country/world you know what I mean...Thanks to all and have a Great Holiday Season......Good Luck and Have Fun.....

Last edited by some help; 11-30-01 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-30-01, 03:28 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by some help

just did not understand having never seen any thing here like this........

have a Great Holiday Season......Good Luck and Have Fun.....
Hi all,

**never seen anything like this**

I get that a lot!!

Yah Mike, I have ended up in the electrical, auto, tips forums after making a post in the Appliances Electric forum...Hmmmmmm...still a small problem here and there...oh well.

Hope you are well OG!!

some help,

I often post "appliance related" jokes in the Appliance Electric forum...I think the latest software problems dumped one ( or 1/2 ) of my posts here I in no way was "joking" about anybody or any posting!!

Thankx for the Seasons Greetings!! Right back at you!!

jeff.

Old 12-01-01, 04:46 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
dalbador-get a bundle of matching shingles a couple of tubes of roof cement,a flatbar and hammer.lift up the bottom of the good shingles over the top of the ones that are gone pull the 4 or 6 nails in the good one slide a new one under replace nails dab a bit of tar (roof cement ) on the nail heads and you'll be done.if they are old you have to be real careful not to break the good ones,best to do it in the morning while its still cool out

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: