Tile roofers, I'm going mad! Bird problems!

Old 04-19-18, 02:06 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tile roofers, I'm going mad! Bird problems!

I have Clay S tile roofing, and when the valleys meet, obviously I have gaps in the middle of the valleys between the "S"s. My home is surrounded by hundreds of trees. I have birds making nests inside the valleys and when it rains, it all backs up and leaks all in my house and through the soffits.

Last year I probably spent a hundred hours cleaning all my gutters, and what I can of the roof.

I have 2 bird calls that run all day, 6 fake predators. hanging shiny balloons. I have air horns i blow every time one lands in my roof. I have an air rifle I shoot to scare them too. I Have Pigeons and Starlings making nests EVERYWHERE in my roof and in my gutters.

I am self employed and at home all day. so probably 100 times i'm pounding on my windows, air horning and shooting my rifle to scare them away. Althought they all come back as i can see them.

I have literally done everything I can, there has to be some roofer that knows what I can do.

I can't spike the valleys because I live in Idaho, it'll snow and cause a ice dam and leak in my house more.

I seriously can't win this fight.

My other option is tear all the tile off of my roof and go copper roof, which is going to cost me XXX,XXX to do! (which Unfortunately I might have to do)

Last edited by DIYsaveme; 04-19-18 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-19-18, 05:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,905 Upvotes on 1,711 Posts
Roofers generally will mix up mortar and trowel those holes shut.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...9CiheCi4ZEYpJY

Old 04-19-18, 05:21 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Post some pictures so we can see what your seeing.

Old 04-19-18, 06:16 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Here, is it the valley. The water will fall under the tiles to a aluminum little sheet and it'll drop out into the gutters. But the birds just keep going inside those valleys. This is a problem with the S tile. I can't mortar any of that up.

I seriously have like 15 valleys around my entire house, and then on the side of the tiles they get as well. I seriously cant escape this problem

Attached Images   

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: