Possible foundation leak

Old 09-06-18, 09:56 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Possible foundation leak

I am having difficulty troubleshooting a water leak issue at my home as I am observing water seeping out of foundation wall few days after rain both outside and inside basement.it could be coincidence that leak manifests few days after rain perhaps it's unrelated.

But would like to better understand that if there is a possibility for rain water to get stagnanted/stored under slab and/or in between foundation walls and leak out few days after rain

my impression was always that water seepage (if any)feedback would be instant i.e immediately after rain on the same day.

appreciate if someone can let me know if such a possibility of 'delayed leak exists,what the condition called and if there are any technical terms for this?
also it would be great if someone can let me know what professional will ascertain this is indeed the condition

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-18, 10:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 297 Votes on 263 Posts
Welcome to the forums!
Ground can only absorb so much water before it has to find an outlet. How is your yard graded? is water running away from or towards your house? Do you have gutters? piped away from the house? foundation drain?