Pipe broken in wall... need to dry up area

Old 10-10-18, 06:44 AM
Pipe broken in wall... need to dry up area

Hi,
I noticed a broken pipe upon tearing up a wall in my laundry area,I would like to dry that area, its a small laundry room and I need to thoroughly dry up a section a section of the wall please advice what are some equipments or devices or tools I can use that will enable me to completely dry that area,I will appreciate if someone can provide if possible some names of brands I can use.Also it will be nice to know if there are any portable walls I can use to monitor the area(before patching) for extended time
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-18, 08:04 AM
Group Moderator
Fans or a dehumidifier. What do you want a portable wall to do???

Old 10-10-18, 08:42 AM
Thanks.is there any place where I can rent or buy directed heat drying equipment?I would like to keep the walls open for extended no of days before patching and feel plastic wrapping may not be robust (my concerns are draft impacting boiler room ,other unforeseen issues etc) boiler room is right next to laundry room

Old 10-10-18, 11:10 AM
Group Moderator
Tool rental stores rent things like fans. A space heater and dehumidifier is also an option.

Old 10-10-18, 01:21 PM
Thanks ,I didn't think about space heater it should perfectly fit the bill given its a small area I need to cover.

Old 10-10-18, 01:25 PM
see through walls near plumbing

I am new home owner an issue I encountered(a broken drain pipe behind wall in the laundry area) makes me wonder if I should install a see through wall(glass or plastic) just in the laundry area as I feel that's the most vulnerable area.Are there any options for this ,sorry if the question sounds dumb but I would like to explore if there is such a possibility

Old 10-10-18, 02:18 PM
You want to install a window or some type of opening in the wall of your laundry room to look at what?

The pipes? Why?

Old 10-10-18, 08:42 PM
Group Moderator
Threads combined

Try to contain your leak issue within a single thread. I didn't combine this with your original one although I'm guessing the pipe leaking was the cause of the water on the floor ?

If you have a leaking pipe in the wall..... you want the wall left open and you don't want to dry it.... you want to find it.

Old 10-14-18, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the input.once i dry the area I would like to have an opening in the wall of laundry room to look at pipes so that incase they break I don't have to wait so long until there is any water damage there are other plumbing connections there besides laundry

Old 10-14-18, 05:14 PM
you can buy battery operated water sensor and place it on the floor a the base of the wall where your concerned about, the water will seep through the joint of floor and wall rather quickly.