Identifying basement water issue

Old 11-27-18, 07:54 AM
Identifying basement water issue

Can anyone help identify this issue? Water appears under a couple of our poured concrete tie rod snapoff areas.

It never really gets any worse than this, though we haven't had any monster rains or anything. Maybe a few inches of rain over a week.

I also noticed some dampness around one corner when oddly enough it was not raining, but had rained about 3 days prior.

We don't get any water, just the dampness. Can anyone identify the issue and help with a solution that I should look into?

​​​​​​Thank you so much

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-18, 10:08 AM
mere's my identification of your problem - you're getting water in your bsmnt,,, 3d prior means the soil absorbs most but, finally, becomes saturated to capacity so you then get the addl runoff,,, make sure your downspouts discharge 10' from the house AND there's positive drainage for same distance,,, probably won't resolve it alone but a good 1st step

Old 12-02-18, 11:46 AM
Can anyone identify the issue
So as noted the issue is water. so as prior response first defense is removing as much water away from foundation.

So once that is done next is confirming sump pump is functioning properly!

Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM
different monitor evidently as i didn't read where the op had a sump & pump,,, try a mtl called 'kryton' or 'xypex' - should do the trick !