attach sender unit to weight on epdm roof

Old 01-29-19, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
attach sender unit to weight on epdm roof

Hello everyone, I need to install these small sender/receiver units on an epdm flat roof and the landlord won't allow me to attach it to anything on the existing roof. I also cannot make any holes on the roof. So I need something that has weight to it has a soft base I think so that it doesn't hurt the epdm roofing and the base also be a high friction surface so that it doesn't slide easily. I am not to sure what to use but I am thinking about making something of wood perhaps and then filling it with sand and attaching the sender/reciever unit to a piece of wood that serves as a sort of pole on the top of this. For the base I suppose I can perhaps set it on a simple rubber mat. I would like something premade for this if they have it as I don't want to have to make a wood box and then fill it with sand.

Sender/receiver unit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EBBKVDE..._ya_os_product

rubber mat: https://www.homedepot.com/p/TrafficM...0300/206498870

-Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-19, 10:34 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,167 Votes on 1,082 Posts
That's a wireless link system. A sender and a receiver. The pair must stay pretty much inline to work properly. You're going to need a sizeable base to hold them standing up and not moving.

I'm picturing some type of paver block on a rubber mat. Possibly a small cinder block on a rubber mat.

Old 01-29-19, 10:54 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 674 Votes on 623 Posts
If you search for "no penetration antenna roof mount" you'll see some store bought options. Even if you don't buy one of them it might give you some ideas.