Do I need more drain tile?

Old 02-06-19, 06:53 PM
Do I need more drain tile?

Hello,
I have drain tile under my basement floor going to a sump pump. All of my downspouts drain into drain tile into the ground. I also have drains in all the window wells. I had it jet sprayed out once and it was clear. I have water seepage through a few cracks that I have had repaired in the past and are now fine. However, I have some seepage in another spot or two. My question is, should I put some additional drain tile around the exterior of my house as well?

Does that additional exterior drain tile do much?

Thanks for any help.
Joe

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-19, 07:02 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 126
I certainly hope your downspouts are in solid pipe until they get a LONG way from the house before it goes into any sort of drain tile. Draining your roof and gutter to the house perimeter is just asking for problems.

Old 02-07-19, 02:27 AM
Upvotes Received: 67
The whole point of preventing water leaks in a basement is getting water directed away not directing it toward.

Although it's a great to plumb gutters I would also suggest separating them!

Old 02-07-19, 03:53 AM
Thanks Marq1 & Xsleeper. My downspouts go into drain tile that is separate from the drain tile thatís under the basement floor. It seems like all the drain tile, down spouts, etc were installed when the house was built. I had also graded away from the house about 3 feet. Not sure if thatís enough...