New Roof Sagging Question

Old 05-26-01, 10:02 PM
Visiting Guest
My husband and I are wanting to buy a home. This home is one year old. Yet we noticed several (probably 10 or so) places on the roof that sag - very visible from just looking.
a. What would cause this?
b. Can it be fixed.
c. Is it a sign of faster need to replace. (it certainly isn't attractive - that's for sure) but is it a structural problem?

Old 05-27-01, 05:33 AM
Visiting Guest
just a guess but i would say they have trusses on two foot centers and used 7/16 osb board instead of 1/2 or 3/4 plywood.for only one year old that is pretty drastic,oh probably didnt use the clips for the deck either .like i said thats just a guess from here without being able to see it.might be a problem if you get snow might not hurt any thing if not but i would think alot about buying that house cause who knows what else was done cheaply

Old 05-28-01, 03:18 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, it is structural problem, and expensive to fix. Better walk away from this one.

Old 05-29-01, 12:29 PM
Visiting Guest
or..........

It could be a cut rafter roof with no perlin bracing and no additional braces for load. This would easily cause a sag like you describe. But........this would be the easiest to fix.............

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: