What Type of Downspout Angle Adapters Do I Need?

Old 06-13-19, 08:15 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 193
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What Type of Downspout Angle Adapters Do I Need?

I need to adjust one of my downspouts to go down a different side of my front porch. If you look a the picture below, I have highlighted where it needs to go now.

Any recommendations on what types of angle adapters I'd need in order to make this change?

Name:  h1.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  83.5 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 06-13-19 at 07:43 PM. Reason: resized picture
Old 06-13-19, 10:22 AM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,902
Received 73 Upvotes on 66 Posts
If all you want to do is have the water come out the front instead of the side you can just replace the bottom elbow with one that is made the other way. But if the downspout itself needs to be on the front of the post rather than the side you might installing a longer piece at the top, loosening the screws, and see how hokey it might look at a bit of an angle. Otherwise, I would probably go with something like you have but move it out on the gutter by installing a new adapter in the bottom of the gutter and patching the existing hole with a piece of step flashing tarred and riveted in place.
Old 06-13-19, 08:13 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 62,047
Received 3,419 Upvotes on 3,065 Posts
I agree with installing a new downspout adapter closer to the front and blanking off the old one.
Then I'd use two B 45' elbows although you can use B 90's. I find the 45's flow better with less clogs.

Name:  b90.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  15.9 KB

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: