repair or replace half round steel gutters

Old 10-03-19, 10:32 AM
P
Received 19 Upvotes on 18 Posts
repair or replace half round steel gutters

Mom's house (single story ranch) has half round steel gutters all around. A few areas (less than 10% of total house) are rotted and leaking. I had one estimate to replace all for $7800 but since most is intact, that seems outrageous. I know this style gutter is more labor intensive to install and repair than replacing with modern seamless. I am having trouble finding skilled tradesmen that are willing to replace the damaged sections.

Are there any tips to finding someone that will do this type of work?

Assuming I can find a source for replacement sections of gutter, can someone step me through the process of removing and replacing a section?

- Peter

Old 10-03-19, 10:45 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
You should be able to find someone to run and install seamless gutters for around $5-7 per lin ft. Just call a few places to get estimates. (Have all your figures for them so they know how many feet you need... X feet of gutter, plus X amount of downspouts) I would also suggest you replace them, not repair.

You can order half round gutters from Lowe's or Home Depot, but there is no guarantee they are the same size to match up with your existing gutters. If they aren't the same exact size and shape, they will leak. If you want to stay with half-round... replace one whole side at a time.

To find one in your area, Google is your friend. I got like 20 names and numbers by typing in seamless gutters Cleveland, OH. Or use homeadvisor dot com or angies list.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: