Rain Entry Through Louver Vents

Old 04-12-20, 09:34 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rain Entry Through Louver Vents

My stucco house has aluminum gable louver vents that permit significant rain entry, soaking my interior walls. I don't know if the vents can be extracted from their stucco encasement and replaced with some other type of vents that are more rain-proof. I assume that I can't just fabricate covers completely sealing the louvers because of the need for venting. This Old House Magazine offered a solution involving construction of an inclined "rain diverter" plywood sheet on the inside of the attic to capture the rain and channel it back outside (see attached). Unfortunately, there are truss bracing boards immediately behind my vents in the attic and no room to install such devices. Does anyone have any thoughts on a solution? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-20, 10:02 AM
M
Received 158 Votes on 145 Posts
What other if any venting do you have re: soffit vents, roof vents, ridge vents etc.

Old 04-12-20, 10:56 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have a handful of box-style vents on the top of the main roof and on the roof of the perpendicular garage gable extension, as well as small sections of ridge vent on the roof of the garage and another gable, plus soffit vents on some small areas of overhang.