New roof question

Old 06-17-01, 07:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hello.
I bought my first home last year. Its a small 3 bdr colonial. It was built in 1972 with the original roof. We have decided to put a new roof on this year but different roofers are giving us conflicting info on what ventilation to install. All the house has right now is 2 gable vents on either side of the house. Some roofers want to install ridge vents and some say ridge vents are only for homes with cathedral ceilings. One of the roofers said that he wants to install something called "louver" vents instead of ridge ones. Well. I guess my question is, what type of a ventilation system would be best for my house. I am going to need something that will cut down on isicle build up as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Glenn

Old 06-18-01, 03:24 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
we put ridge vents on about 99%of the roofs we do.louver vents are fine also if you get enough of them and they are correctly placed.as far as only cathedral ceilings i think i would write that roofer out of the question.i am sure that someone here will disagree with me but i do this for a living and all i can say is i have very very few call backs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: