Water in my yard

Old 06-20-01, 12:07 PM
Visiting Guest
I own one of the original homes in my neiborhood. The rest of the homes around me were all built up higher than mine so all the rain runoff comes into my yard and sits either there or in my driveway. I am thinking about doing some tiling but don't know allot about it and am not sure how I should drain the water from my driveway. It is half cement and half gravel, the water starts collecting in the middle of the two. I have a drain installed to one side of my property and the water seems to flow that direction but either not fast enough or at all.

Old 06-20-01, 01:32 PM
Visiting Guest
consider building a swale around your property so that the runoff flows toward the street drain. however, wait for other DIY'rs replies.
best of luck
shireesh

Old 06-28-01, 05:49 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You should go locate the drain you say is on the side of your property and run a lateral tile off of it the same size or maybe a size smaller right up under the gravel where it meets the concrete, be sure theres plenty of slope{ youll need at least an inch of fall for every 100 feet of tile, but the more slope the better of course.} Put it as deep as you can under the gravel, and use perforated tile where you want the water to drain, and use solid tile where you have trees, shrubs and lanscaping to avoid roots plugging the tile in the future. If you have to leave it shallow under the driveway, say 6 inches minimum, be aware that heavy traffic such as a concrete truck can smash it. Normal car and pickup traffic shouldnt hurt it any. If you have more concerns post back and maybe with a little luck we can help ya!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: