Leaf Guard Micro Filter

Old 09-16-21, 10:54 AM
K
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leaf Guard Micro Filter

On the front of my home I have an older gutter system that I am considering replacing.
The reason for this is that we have a very nice 50' pine tree that I don't want to get rid of but the pine needles clog the existing gutter every year.
I am considering wider gutters to accommodate the monsoon style rains we can get here in AZ in the summers and the micro mesh filters to stop the pine needles. At least at this point I am assuming that the micro mesh will stop the pine needles.
But I have a standard asphalt roof that deposits sand like stuff in the gutters. Does this get through the micro mesh and if so how do you clean it from the gutter considering the micro mesh is screwed into place during the install.

Old 09-16-21, 11:23 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,470 Posts
Micro mesh will keep out both pine needles and granules. But debris may sit on top. Typically you might need to blow them off once a year in the event that stuff starts to collect on top. Unless you are in a very dusty area, I doubt you would need to take them off any more than once every 10 yrs or so just to wash out any mud that has collected in the bottom. They are very easy to unscrew and reattach.

As for blowing them off, a lot of guys will use a blower accessory that is simply a long tube with a u turn on the end. On a single story house that allows you to do it from the ground.

Old 09-16-21, 11:28 AM
K
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TNX for the reply.
I have contacted a couple of local installers and I will get this done.
The pine needles are a mess!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: