Florida Roof leaks during heavy rain

Old 04-21-22, 09:41 AM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florida Roof leaks during heavy rain

Hi - when there are heavy deluges water leaks through one of the joints of our florida room. The roof is separate from the rest of the house (looks like an add on) and we couldn't find the source of the leak for a while but I notices there is a crack in the sealant in the joint above the roof. I went on the roof and noticed that when I put any kind of weight on that panel it dips down a bit and the crack opens up. So my thinking is that in heavy rain the weight of the water flowing down on the low pitch is allowing water to get into the crack and thus the leak.

I got some sealant and applied it to the joint but I figure this will be temporary as the problem seems to be with the panel and not the sealant so eventually the crack will reappear and the problem with return.

My question is what do I need to do to get this more permanently fixed - have people encountered this type of problem before?

Old 04-21-22, 10:06 AM
B
Received 225 Likes on 199 Posts
If that is the only panel that dips from weight, there may be a structural problem in the roof. If you can't access the roof from the inside to look at the framing, you will need to remove the panels from the outside to get to the problem panel.

Old 04-21-22, 11:12 AM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does not seem you can take the panels off without removing the frame. Do you know what would cause one of the panels to dip with weight? Is it that some screws or bolts meant to hold it in place are loose or there is some kind of break somewhere?

Old 04-22-22, 05:30 AM
B
Received 225 Likes on 199 Posts
Don't understand post 3. Can you provide pictures of the roof panels from inside and outside?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: