Gap between door frame and greenhouse

Old 06-06-22, 01:46 PM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gap between door frame and greenhouse

We've just put a lean-to greenhouse up against a deck door so that we can walk straight out into the greenhouse. This has left a gap of about 1-1/2 inches between the top of the greenhouse and the bottom of the door frame. I'm looking for the best way to seal that to prevent rain getting in.

Thanks.

Old 06-06-22, 02:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,639 Likes on 1,468 Posts
Kind of looks like you should have set the greenhouse on top of a 4x4 perimeter so that it would be tall enough to mount onto the top piece of exterior door trim.

Then you would simply need a metal flashing that extends out over it.

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-06-22, 04:02 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,521 Posts
I'm with XSleeper. I would put either pressure treated 4x4 or 4x6 along the bottom perimeter to raise the greenhouse up. You can screw the timber down to your deck and then the greenhouse on top.

Be ready for the junk that is going to collect in the little space between the side of the greenhouse and the house. It's going to be a dirt collecting magnet.

I love the automatic greenhouse windows/vents that open when it gets warm. They make having a greenhouse much easier. There is nothing to do. The vent/window opens and closes as needed depending on the temperature inside the greenhouse. And, no power required (magic).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: