Leaking balcony or stucco..help?

Old 08-25-22, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaking balcony or stucco..help?

Hello,

I would love for the experts to share opinions on what I have going on. The front of my home around balcony seems to be leaking on the edges and itís began to stain the stucco. This is right above garage. There no leaks inside garage ceiling.
what could be the cause, poor weep screed/flashing job?
how do I go about resolving this?
Call stucco repair folks or general contractor?

Left side balcony

Balcony top left side

Right side

Balcony top

Caulking Opening at the garage trim is where water leaks out after heavy rains.

Any help will help! Thanks!!

Last edited by 217street; 08-25-22 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Adding leak image
Old 08-25-22, 02:51 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,521 Posts
You mentioned staining on the stucco but not a leak even though you used the word. It looks like rain is washing dirt & chalked paint off and you are seeing streaks where it runs off of the patio and architectural details. So, do you have evidence of a leak?

If there are no leaks it's a cleaning job. A bit of scrubbing or pressure washing would be a good place to start.

Old 08-26-22, 07:52 PM
T
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Without seeing it in person and thumping on it I would say that this is an Exterior Insulation and Finish System (EIFS, or synthetic stucco). Maybe the flat base is stucco and only the cornice and details are made of foam. If there is no leak inside on walls and ceilings then either water is getting behind the details and running out the bottom or water is running off the floor of the deck and staining the wall. If the whole system is EIFS be careful with the pressure washer it could cut through the coatings into the foam. Clean, let dry, perhaps apply a water proofing compound to make it easier to clean the next time

Old 08-27-22, 01:44 AM
Received 1,052 Likes on 954 Posts
It sure doesn't look like anything more than a dirt/cleaning issue. It's a dirty world out there and a light color is eventually show sighs of repeated splashes of dirt and water.

My light color siding gets washed every 3-4 years, it gets pretty bad after that long.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: