Gutter repair question

Old 11-18-22, 06:48 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gutter repair question

Hello,,
We have about a 30' section of gutter on back roof. When i was cleaning the gutter i found a few spots that were sagging and the gutter nails loose and coming out. I tapped the nails back in but they don't seem to be holding very well. I was wondering how to repair this. My thought was can you buy the gutter nails and spacers and then I just drill holes in new locations and then add additional supports. Or, do the nails come in different lengths/diameters and I can remove existing and try same location. Thx

Old 11-18-22, 07:01 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,639 Likes on 1,468 Posts
I'd suggest you buy brackets and use screws.

Example

Spikes and ferrules pull out when they aren't directly unto a rafter tail. The screws you can literally install anywhere, and screws don't get loose and pull out. Almost no one uses spikes anymore.

Old 11-18-22, 08:19 AM
W
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

These gutter screws can be used to replace the nails using the same hole.

Old 11-18-22, 10:09 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,521 Posts
I like the gutter brackets you screw in place and mount inside the gutter. They aren't visible from below and don't require drilling or hammering (sorta risky with a easily dented gutter right there). Since they aren't visible you don't have to worry about spacing though it's best to install them into the rafters so the screw gets more bite than just into the fascia.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: