roof leak to wall. need to dry it up

Old 12-12-22, 09:32 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 32
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
roof leak to wall. need to dry it up

I have a roof leak which I had it fixed today. but water got into between drywall and brick. This has been going on for a while. I plan to buy a blower to blow hot air into the dry wall. is this safe to do? the way is between exterior and garage.
what type of blower should I buy?
Old 12-12-22, 10:08 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 27,239
Received 1,958 Upvotes on 1,755 Posts
It doesn't need to be "hot" air. Just moving air will dry it out. I'd suggest a carpet fan.

lzxyzk voted this post useful.
Old 12-12-22, 10:48 AM
Marq1's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA MI
Posts: 9,745
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
A lot depends on the access you have to the areas, I have seen this type used with exhaust duct.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: