wet ceiling

Old 09-16-01, 02:06 PM
Visiting Guest
house is 6 1/2 years old. Have lived in it for about a year in n.central Texas.
Usually, but not always after a very heavy rain and so far not in the same place the ceiling gets wet. The outline of the wetness on the ceiling is that of the wood beams in the ceiling. I will have some come take a look. I have done my reading to prepare for the roofer.Could this be too much heat in the attic as one of your article suggests? IHow will I know so that afast oneis not pulled on me. I plan on video tapping mine and the roofers conversation and getting a couple of differnet opinions. thanks

Old 09-16-01, 02:52 PM
pgrfr
Visiting Guest
You should get more than 6 years out of a roof. Make sure the space above the ceiling is well vented. If you can get in the space, check the insulation and wood near the stained areas for dampness. My guess is that when it rains your attic or crawl space is getting very damp. Vent it with eave vents, roof breathers, or even an electric fan. Make sure any bathroom or kitchen vents going through the ceiling go all the way out through the roof. I have seen new homes where the bathroom vent only extends into the crawl space, just making it all the worse.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: