Installing Rain Gutters

Old 10-01-01, 05:07 AM
jlemelin
Visiting Guest
I have a chance to get a good deal on seamless rain gutters for my home. The installer proposes to install the back edge against the facia under the the vetical from the drip edge. I live in New Hampshire. Somehow it seems to me that during the winter if I have ice in the gutter, it would allow backup seepage to get to my roof under the shingles. Is that the proper way?

Old 10-02-01, 07:51 PM
Visiting Guest
If u means he's pulling the drip and putting it behind it then thats right. I install gutters in texas so i rarley deal with ice in gutters. but aslong as its behind the drip edge it should be fine, theres only so much u can do.

Old 10-17-01, 03:22 PM
Insulman
Visiting Guest
I am sure if the gentlemen you talked to about installing your gutters is a reputable contractor who has a seamless gutter machine, he is installing the gutters correctly..

If your gutter is filling with ice...you probably have a icedamn problem... A properly insulated attic will stop that from occuring...

You should have around R-38 insulation in your attic, then you need to make sure that the attic access door is well insulated. Also if you bathroom fan vents to the attic that exhaust Tube should be either attached to the roof at one of your roof vents or run over to a soffit area...I prefer to the roof vent...

Good Luck

Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: