How to install gutters

Old 10-15-01, 10:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hello, I'm interested in installing rain gutters, but I'm not sure what method is best. As far as I know, there's soldering, riveting and pre-fabricated "slip connectors". I think the slip connectors are kinda ugly myself. Can someone recommend a method for an "intermediate" do-it-yourselfer?

I found a place that sells 20-25 foot sections of gutter (in different styles and material). I also decided that I'd like to use the hidden fasteners. That's about as far as I've gotten on this project.

Thanks in advance!
Frank

Old 10-17-01, 04:02 PM
Insulman
Visiting Guest
Gutters are pretty reasonable to have installed...In this area approx 2.50 a lineal foot and then around 75.00 per downspout..

I would only install Aluminum gutters myself... all you need to install then is rivets, and gutter seal...

In this area the material runs approx 1.00 per lineal foot when including mitres and endcaps and spikes and ferrals.. then figure about 20 dollars or so for each downspout, including elbows , straps and outlet tubes..

Depends on what style home you have as to how difficult it will be to install them yourself..

If you wish to proceed further let me know what details you can about the exterior layout of your house..

Good Luck

Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: