removing a tile roof to be replaced with shingle

Old 11-10-01, 01:40 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

help!!! would like to know the best way to remove a tile roof.getting ready to do it myself with some friends and want to have ducks in a row. any info i can get on your experience would be greatly appreciated
thank you
df

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-01, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
darrel not really sure if i understand your question -if you want to keep the tiles pull the cap tiles off and use a flat bar to pull the nails if not just smash em with a 4#sledge hammer and get a shovel to pull the nails careful cause they will cut ya.check all your deck boards for rot felt over and shingle.if that is not what you had in mind post back and i will try to answer better

Old 11-12-01, 12:58 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up exactly what i wanted to know

thanks mrmojo. that is exactly what i wanted to know. i'm replacing tile with shingle and just didn't know what to expect pulling the old tile off. not wanting to save, their goin right in the dumpster. the deck looks really good from the underside so not expecting alot of bad wood. thanks again for your prompt reply. darrel

Old 11-13-01, 06:14 AM
mik_mik
Visiting Guest
Just curious

Just was curious why are you replacing a tile roof, what went wrong? Or itís just appearance you donít like. I am planning on replacing my old shake roof and tile was one of the options, that's where curiosity is coming from.

Thanks,

mik_mik