Roofers where worthless

Old 11-12-01, 02:28 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I just had my roof redone by "professionals" and I am not happy with the result. Well happy is way understating it.

They flashed my BROWN roof with white aluminum.
They used paper thin drip edge.
They attempted to trim my aluminum on the eve and it looks like a dog chewed it, at which they stopped triming it after about 10 feet, and just left it sticking out side of the drip edge.
They did not clean most of the marks left by falling shingles.
Some of the flashing is behind facia boards.
They broke and left lay my outdoor receptical plate.
They broke my security sign.

The shingle area of the roof is fine and looks great, it is just the trim job and clean up that I am furious about. I think they used outside contractors which I was not aware. One of the owners of the company is coming today for the final inspection. He has no idea the job is a mess and I am not satisfied. How do I handle the meeting with him and what do I do if he asks for the money?
Jones

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-01, 03:25 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cool

If he is not aware of the problems, there is no need to do anything but nicely show him the problems, and ask him if that is the quality of work that his company wants to be known for.
Give him a chance to correct the problems. If you approach him with a good attitude, he will probably respond in kind.
Explain what you expected, and how you would like it to be corrected.
Do NOT pay him until it is corrected.
If he refuses to correct it, contact an attorney.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 11-22-01, 01:21 AM
so uh....jones dx whatever happened?did it work out for you or not?kinda wondered what happened

Old 11-27-01, 05:47 AM
J
Well he was more than happy to fix the problems, but they are now on their 3rd trip back. They came back to "replace" the white flashing but only painted it. I was assured they would replace it by the guy. He was upset they did not replace it. They fixed most of the stuff but still left skid marks and he is making them put larger drip edge where they chewed up my eves. He has not asked for money. We are working on an entire month since the job was started. I have to look at it as he is trying his best to get me what I want and the longer it takes the longer I get to hold my his money. I guess this is what you put up with when you use a contractor and not a company labor force. I had no idea they were contractors.