rubberoid...?

Old 11-19-01, 07:32 AM
Visiting Guest
rubberoid...?

not sure if i have the spelling correct........has anyone heard of this product...........possibly know of a company webb site....

trying to figure out best way to patch a 4ft x 4 ft section of a flat gravel roof....

thanks in advance ....

Old 11-19-01, 08:34 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
sure have used alot of it.i think gaf makes it.its a modified bitumen torch down product.lots of differant names for the same stuff.as for the best wayto fix your roof would need more info so post back.good luck

Old 11-20-01, 03:26 AM
Visiting Guest
mr mojo - re rubberoid

thank you for your response............i have a flat roof...plywood deck...looks like maybe 4 sheets tar paper over it..then originally hot tat...some gravel over it.............had developed a leak....have removed the tar and gravel (and paper) from a 4 ft section (ready to cut the 4 ft sq of plywood out......replace plywood........

am thinking...just tuck tar paper (4 layers i guess) under edges of existing roof...cover with fibered roof cement and/or tar...some new gravel.......however..had heard of this rubberoid stuff...........can you melt that with a small propane torch...or would that not provide enough heat?.....or just use the tar paper as above...

thanks again for your insight....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: