Vinyl Siding

Old 11-28-01, 01:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Vinyl Siding

The lowest panels of the vinyl siding on a portion of one side of our house are not attached. My duct tape prevents them from flapping in the wind!

It appears the starter strip is 1" too high for the siding lip (or the first course was nailed 1" too low for the lip to catch the starter strip). Was this crummy installation? Can the starter strip now be lowered? If lowering the starter strip is not the best fix, what is?

All panel heights look okay. The visual line around the bottom edge of all siding looks okay.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-01, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sounds pretty crappy to me.what you have in mind is really the only way to fix the problem-lowering the starter.take your first course off lower the starter,though i would imagine the reason they did it like that was there is nothing to nail starter to.so...you would have to cut up on your wall sheathing4-6 inches take that piece of sheathing off and replace with a wider piece .i guess you already paid for it?how long ago?any chance of getting the so called siders back to do it right for free?