Sealing a Barn Roof...?

Old 01-28-02, 12:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Sealing a Barn Roof...?

Can somebody Please tell me the best material to use to seal a metal coragated Barn Roof?

I have heard of a product called Sealtex or Sealex - not sure of it's exact name. This product is very expensive but I don't care.
I hear it works and it is guarenteed.

I have called Lowes, Home Depot, Sutherlands, Joplin Supply and others and nobody except Joplin Supply have heard of it.
They don't know who makes it or where to get it.

Can somebody PLEASE tell me where to get?

If not can you suggest or recommend a commercial grade sealer that will work in sealing leaks.

The roof is tacked down with nails. I need to cover about 1600 sq feet.

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-02, 06:51 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tom: From your post I take it you think the leaks are coming from the nails. If this is true, then you could save some money by using black jack with neopreme and put a good covering on each nail. If you are intent on covering the whole roof, contact a commercial roofing company and have it sprayed with silicone..
This cannot be done by you unless you hold a commercial roofing license. I think this is the brand name for the material you were asking about.

Old 02-02-02, 09:51 PM
roofrat
Visiting Guest
There are many different products that are made just for this application. Ask around for different name brands. One other thing you may want to do is replace the fastners and washers with new ones. Many times the washers become weather checked over time. Safty should be your main concern but Homeowners do not need roofing contractors license to work on there own projects.