Leaky roof

Old 02-10-02, 10:32 PM
MSBOYD
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Leaky roof

I just bought a house the previous owners lived here for 3 yrs. They told me the roof leaked when they bought it so no telling how long it leaked before them. Trifeling folk's! Of course I negotiated a price for the roof not being done. Well now it's up to me to get the job done. The house now has 2 layer's, here your allowed 3. The roofer I had to come look at it want's to tear the whole thing off and start from scratch. I will go for this if necessary. We know where the leak's are coming from could'nt we fix those area's then put another up layer of felt and shingle's up. Anything to save a buck or two.

Old 02-11-02, 12:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

You could go that way if it's allowed, but the roofing will not last nearly as long, and it will most very likely void any warranty with the roofing that you put on.
I would do a tear-off, if you plan on being in the home for any length of time, and get a good roof with the warranty.
It would be worth it to you.
Good luck!
Mike

Old 02-11-02, 12:41 PM
John Boyer
Visiting Guest
definitly, do the tear off. if as you say the roof been leaking for years + then you probably have water damage to the decking, if you tear it off you'll save yourself money down the line and you'll know that you wont have any problems with warranty work

Old 02-11-02, 12:56 PM
MSBOYD
Visiting Guest
I knew that I would end up having to do that. Thank's for the valuable advice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: