Inexpensive roof safety

Old 02-13-02, 10:17 AM
Jruhl
Visiting Guest
Inexpensive roof safety

I need to repaint my old metal roof again because I put it on too thick last year and it got bubbles in it which are now holes in the paint. I really didn't feel safe last year, all I had was two 2x4s nailed to a rope which I tied to my waist, then threw the 2x4s over the other side of the roof. It seemed to hold me pretty good, but I would like something extra this year in case something does happen. It would be nice to have scaffolding at the edge of the roof, but I don't have the time of money to do that. There used to be something at the edge to attatch a board to, but they were rusted off or leaking and had to remove them. So is there an iexpensive way to not only keep me on the roof, but also make me feel like I'm not going to fall?

Old 02-13-02, 11:33 AM
John Boyer
Visiting Guest
Rose manufacturing, makes a good pull over safety harness thats not real expensive, and is easy to put on and wear, (its the one I use) I dont know where you can get one in your area, but thier phone number is 800-722-1231. and they could tell you where to get one. on barn roofs especialy, I would highly recomend that you wear some type of fall arrest system, while the initial cost may be around a hundred dollars or so, its alot less expensive than the emergency room, or worse. make sure to follow the mfgrs. instructions on your safty equipment. GOOD LUCK

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: