Ridge Vents vs. Turbine Vents

Old 02-17-02, 12:26 PM
Needtoknow
Visiting Guest
Question Ridge Vents vs. Turbine Vents

Can anyone tell me what a reasonable cost to have these items istalled would be?

Old 02-17-02, 05:59 PM
roofrat
Visiting Guest
Without knowing what type of roof you have its a little hard to to recommend to you the best type of ventilation system to install.
If you choose ridge vent make sure you have it installed as per manufacturers specifications. If You have any other type of exhaust vents on your home they should be removed prior to the ridge vent installation, Such as gable end vents or other types of roof exhaust vents. If you have these and install ridge vents the other forms of exhaust vents will short circuit your ventilation. Your average ridge vent will give you 18 square inches of ventilation per foot. You should also make sure you have intake vents at your overhang that balance out at the same rate giving you a 50/50 intake and exhaust ventilation system. It is very important to calculate the amount of ventilation you need on your home . A rule of thumb is 1/150 or one square foot of ventilation for every 150 square foot of attic floor area. If it were my home I would go with ridge vents not turbines.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: