Flat roof

Old 03-03-02, 08:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Flat roof

I have an addition that has almost a flat roof, maybe 12-2. I need to reroof and I plan to put new sheathing on also. I plan to nail the upper edges of the rooled roofing but use roofing glue on the sides and bottom edges. We get so much rain here that nailing the exposed edge does not work. Should I put felt under the rooled roofing and also glue it or not use it at all? Any hints would be great, I am tired of looking for leaks and patching.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-02, 09:45 AM
roofrat
Visiting Guest
If you are installing new sheathing it is best to install felt underlayment before installing your roofing. One of the best products to use for what you want to do is called SIS or salvage edge roll roofing. It has 18 inches of surface granules and 18 inches of smooth surface to apply cold method roofing cement to for each layer. That way your roof is 100 percent cemented to each layer. And it comes in many different colors to match your existing shingles.

Old 03-03-02, 01:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Roofrat. So should I glue the felt to the sheathing? Here is my concern. If I glue the roofing to the felt, the felt needs to be secured to the sheathing.

Old 03-07-02, 02:16 PM
ebjco
Visiting Guest
you might try www.pace-products.com for some of their do-it-yourself roofing materials

Old 03-08-02, 06:22 PM
roofrat
Visiting Guest
No you don't have to use adhesive under the felt paper. You should nail the felt to the sheathing and then apply the salvage edge. Or you could use a product called Ice and Watershield that adheres to the sheathing and then apply the salvage edge and you would have a very good and water tight roof system.