need flat roof opinion

Old 09-04-01, 02:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile

The tape does not enter the vcr straight. Same thing happens when you try to eject the tape. One side gets stuck like. Hope you know what is making it do this. Each time also when it doesn't enter correctly the vcr shuts off.
Thanks again.

Old 03-19-02, 01:00 PM
oneroomatatime
Visiting Guest
Question need flat roof opinion

I am replacing a flat roof that is 7 x 24 ft long---it is over a porch that is flashed onto the side of my house . I will first remove the rolled asphalt and replace the underlayment with new 3/8" CDX(or should i use 1//2 " ?) I have aquired rubber roofing material for a commercial job and want to apply this to the CDX.. I have been told that i willl need to put down a fiber board inbetween the cdx and rubber---if so how thick--name brand etc??? also-- what should i use to glue down this rubber (it is thick black rubber--commericial thickness) and also to attach the fiberboard if needed.

Any help would be much appreciated

Old 03-19-02, 08:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
With rubber roofing, you do not need to add anything under it. Put it cirectly on your board. You have to use a special rubber roof cement, and follow the instructions to a T. If you do not, you will have problems. If your are going to have a seam in it, you will need a seamer. Have some help on this one. The roofing is very heavy.

Old 03-23-02, 01:55 AM
chicd12
Visiting Guest
you really should put 1/2" fiberboard over the plywood screw it down with3"insulation plates do not use roof cement it 's not compatible with rubber you have to use bonding adhesive follow can directions if you don't put insul. over plywood rubber can be cut or nicked by nail heads or plywood slivers

Old 03-23-02, 05:21 AM
texaspaul
Visiting Guest
whatever you do. do not use the solvent adhesive. Use the waterbase adhesive for rubber on a horizontal slope. Now, to get this straight. Many people confuse Modified bitumen as rubber and it is not. Rubber is EPDM, dura last, sitemech. These usually come in rolls of 10' or larger. If you have EPDM, I suggest using flashing tapes for any seams. They have been proven to provide a stronger more consistent seam than the yellow glue. No seams at all are the best. Make sure you terminate the product on the wall. You can make a T strip or you can buy one at a local supply house. Use a good water resistant caulk behind and on top of the T strip. By commercial, I would assume it is the 60 mil and not the 45 mil.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: