Please dont let this happen to you!!

Old 04-12-02, 11:45 AM
John Boyer
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Please dont let this happen to you!!

I have been roofing now, for 20 some odd years, and have seen this happen too many times, and again today. I and my crew, were on a residential roofon an 8/12 pitch, and the homeowner comes home , and comes up on the roof. Now,the way I figure it, it's his roof and if he feels comfortable being on the roof, he has every right to be there. However, this gentelman got so involved with watching us do our job that he walked right off the side of the roof. I immedietly dropped what I was doing and hurried over to find him extricating himself from an unfortunate holly bush. He is fortunatly all right, but too often people are just not that lucky. My guys were using toe boards and saftey harnesses. the point I guess Im trying to make is this, roofing contractors are, or are supposed to be trained profesionals. If a homeowner feels the need to go on the roof and check the work, by all means feel free to do so, but PLEASE, take note of all saftey warnings and use a little common sense. taking a fall for the sake of a closer look just isnt worth it!!! If my little tirade has offended anyone, I apologise, if it keeps someone from taking a bad fall then it's been worth my time. thank you and BE CARFULL

Old 04-12-02, 06:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

John,
Excellent point by a pro, and all of us D-I-Yers need to listen.
Many are just not used to dealing with what they're dealing with, and things like that can happen.
I always preach SAFETY FIRST!
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: