Installing Vinyl Gutters

Old 06-04-02, 06:55 PM
drossmartin
Visiting Guest
Installing Vinyl Gutters

Howdy all!

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this (and if it isn't, would you please dirtect me to the right one)but I am considering installing gutters on my Mom's house.

Actually, it's just two simple, straight runs. Just found an article on installing vinyl gutters at -

http://doityourself.com/roofing/installinggutters.htm

It talks all about measuring the runs - allowing for the sloping of the run - how to install the drainpipes, etc.

IS it this simple - or am I fooling myself?

ALL suggestions and pointers are welcome.

Thanks,
DRMartin

Old 06-17-02, 01:16 PM
RobSchaef
Visiting Guest
I would like to know as well. The link is to a page that has now been deleted so I didn't get to see the how to.

Old 06-19-02, 06:26 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gutters are not hard to install. Many times they tell you it is simple, and it is pretty simple. Just remember, water runs downhill,and always have the water run over the lap, use good gutter seal and away you go. Don't fall off the ladder.

Old 06-19-02, 09:06 PM
RobSchaef
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply, seems simple enough. I went by Home Depot and looked at the gutter supplies. Are the plastic gutters any way close to as good as the metal ones? The area I need to replace runs around the back of the garage and right over the pipe where the power lines come in to the box. I would feel more comfertable in that area working with plastic.

Old 06-20-02, 05:20 AM
John Boyer
Visiting Guest
The plastic gutters wont stand up to the elements quiet as well as aluminum, or some of the other metal ones. But they are lighter and easier to handle than the heavier metal gutters, for a non professional like yourself they are probably the best way to go. the drop that we use for vinyl gutters is 1 inch for every 10 foot of run, snap a chaulk line, and run your gutters along it. remember, one hand for the gutter and one hand for yourself, there is no substitute for common sense. HAVE FUN AND WORK SAFE

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: