PVC Downspout Connection

Old 07-07-02, 06:54 PM
heetejd
Visiting Guest
Question PVC Downspout Connection

I'm putting in a french drain (corugated 4" flex) and patio surface drain (3" solid pvc) behind the house. I plan to tie both drains into the pvc drain pipe that takes our downspout water to the street, and they will both lay in the same trench. I dug the trench all the way around to the side of the house where the downspout connects to the long, straight pipe which runs to the street (the connection is about 10 feet from the house, 3 feet down). The connection is a simple elbow which runs from the long pipe back to the bottom of the downspout. I need to replace that elbow with a wye connector, but I only have about one foot on either side of the connector exposed. Is there an easy way to remove the old connector and replace it with a wye, so that I don't have to dig up the entire 10 ft. lengthof pvc back to the downspout?

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-11-02, 07:10 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You could splice in a wye by cutting out the old fitting and either use a glue coupling and glue designed for PVC or use a rubber coupling with steel compression bands to marry the two pieces of pipe. Hit the plumbing section of the hardware store.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: