furniture wood stain has stained carpet

Old 04-26-03, 10:55 AM
craigsheri
Visiting Guest
Angry furniture wood stain has stained carpet

We have installed new carpet and and chair sitting on some wet carpet has left a stain in the carpet. Any idea on how to get the stain out.

Old 04-26-03, 09:05 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wood stain on carpet

Blotting the stain with denatured alcohol and white rag may produce results. At best, you can expect to lighten the stain. What is not clear is why new carpet would be wet. Most professional carpet cleaners will place protection between wet carpet and furniture, such as aluminum foil or plastic squares to prevent such problems.

If you have new carpet with moisture issues, the moisture issues must be addressed. If you attempted a DIY method without recommended procedures, you must address these issues.

If you can provide us with additional specifics, perhaps forum responses will tend to be more specific.

Old 04-27-03, 01:48 PM
D
This is very common when the furniture is put back too soon after cleaning the carpet,or if the carpet becomes water saturated by some other accidental means. It happened to me once, My carpet cleaner friend told me its probably there forever. On the up side you can have it repaired with a bonded insert.

Old 04-27-03, 07:32 PM
Daniel, I like that. Bonded Insert. I'll have to use that description next time. Sounds pretty professional, to mean a patch.

Old 04-27-03, 07:45 PM
D
I got that from Pat Fell's dissertation on carpet repairs. I liked it too and adopted the term for my own use too. Applying a bonded insert does sound more professional than putting in a patch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: