bubbling in carpet

Old 05-31-03, 05:06 PM
Harleyladyme
Visiting Guest
bubbling in carpet

I have wall to wall in my mobile home that is about 2 yrs old and have bubbling starting. I don't think it is the floor because when I step on it it goes back down. What would cause this and can it be fixed. Help!!!

Old 05-31-03, 05:33 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A carpet restretch in a mobile home is quite involved. Usually the walls are placed on top of the carpet and there is not really any carpet stretching done durung the manufacture of them. I am a carpet man by trade and let me tell you it is no walk through the park for a pro. I would check
www.cfi-installers.org/ for an installer in your area to handle this for you.

Old 05-31-03, 06:27 PM
Harleyladyme
Visiting Guest
carpet bubbling

I am sorry but I think I mislead u on my problem. The carpet is 2 yrs old whereas the mobile home is about 10 yrs old so I don't think the walls are on top of the carpet. Will it be easier to do and how expensive is it or should the people that installed the carpet be responsible for it seeing that it was only done a couple of years ago. Thanks.

Old 05-31-03, 07:07 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly by the time you rent a power stretcher you could have paid someone else to do it. Carpet HAS to be power stretched and you need to be extra careful in a mobile home, if not you may push out a wall. The cost and liability of doing this as a DIY will be greater that of having a pro come in and do it. Using a power stretcher in a mobile home takes a long time to learn and I believe it is more than a very savvy DIYer should take on. You could spend the $40.00 to rent a srtetcher and spend most of a Saturday on it or spend $75, watch someone for an hour and have the rest of the day free. The $35 difference will get you out of alot of work and worry about pushing out a wall.

Old 06-01-03, 05:01 AM
Harleyladyme
Visiting Guest
Bubbling in Carpet

Thank you very much for your help.

Old 06-01-03, 07:58 AM
LisaCea
Visiting Guest
Our fees to REINSTALL bubbled carpet is the same as if we are doing an original install. ALL the furniture must be moved and then we are liable for the entire installation. This liability costs money. Minimum $5-8 per square yard. Try getting the original contractor back to fix if following the CRI guidklines for restreching carpet. You can find them at www.carpet-rug.com

Lisa Cea CFI#9700
Joe Cea CFI#3030

Old 06-15-03, 11:53 AM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carpet Restretch

Most carpet installers in our area guarantee installation for one year. After that, you are on your own. As already stated, a restretch is very involved, requiring all furniture to be moved and using a power stretcher to stretch the carpet, then replacing furniture. This should be done by a professional. Pricing is typically based on the square yards or feet, how many seams, and how much furniture there is to move. Carpet tends to stretch during high heat and humidity. If ripples remain during normal humidity, it is time to restretch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: