Can berber be patched?

Old 10-02-03, 11:05 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can berber be patched?

1 month living in this house and the dog dug a hole in our carpet today. He's still alive.

Can this be patched? It's a rope-like pattern, sees that it might not be possible to make a seamless patch. This is in a highly visible area. There are a few runs where the carpet string is pulled out in a line.

Also, we have no extra carpet. How likely is it that a pro could find matching carpet? This is a minimum 5'x5' patch. Should I just be getting estimates on doing the whole room? It is a bedroom, so not too large.

Old 10-02-03, 01:05 PM
D
If it's 5 feet by 5 feet you should replace the whole room. I'd also say you should check with your homeowners insurance,they may cover it.

Old 10-03-03, 09:51 AM
Insurance wouldn't cover it, due to the damage being caused by the dog. I think the new carpet will be less than $500, which is the deductible anyway. I'm lucky this is in a smallish room. I'll be getting some extra to store, just in case, and keeping the good part of the old carpet, since it matches the rest of the house, for any future repairs elsewhere.

Old 10-04-03, 01:27 PM
florcraft
Visiting Guest
Good idea to save that old carpet for future repairs. Make sure you shy away from berbers in the future, to avoid similiar problems.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: